This page showcases some of Shetland’s best wildlife and gives you an idea what to look out for each month. Click on the posts below to find out more…….
- September HighlightsIt is starting to feel very autumnal now we are into September. The sun seems to be only glimpsed on occasion, the … Read More
- August HighlightsThe sun is still shining (some of the time) and summer is still in the air but the wildlife will be starting … Read More
- July HighlightsThings are really looking their best this month, with gardens, verges and heather moorland all looking lush and starting to flower. This … Read More
- June HighlightsThe Simmer Dim is here, days are at their longest and Shetland’s wildlife is at its busiest, feeding and looking after their … Read More
- May HighlightsThere is certainly a lot more life around in Shetland at the moment, lambing is in full swing and I’ve been seeing … Read More
- April HighlightsIn April the days are getting longer, and signs of spring are starting to show. Spring bulbs are flowering, birds are starting … Read More