Upcoming events will be posted to this page with details of how to get involved.
Our full Summer Programme of Events for 2022 has now been launched, click the button to find your next Shetland nature adventure!
If you would like to become a member and receive emails with all the details of upcoming events and projects head to our Contact Us page and download a membership form. Memberships is FREE!
Sunday 21st August 1pm-4pm
Come and discover some of Shetland’s amazing wildlife with local experts at sites around the South Mainland:
- LEEBITTEN– Rockpooling with NatureScot and UHI Shetland
- POOL OF VIRKIE– Find out about the migrant wading birds that visit our shores with Shetland Amenity Trust and Shetland Bird Club
- SUMBURGH HEAD– Spot seabirds and cetaceans with Shetland Amenity Trust
- SCORD BEACH– Find out how to spot porpoises and undertake short surveys with Shetland Community Wildlife Group
- SPIGGIE LOCH HIDE– Spend some time in the new hide and discover the different wildfowl and wetland birds that visit with RSPB.
Feel free to visit as many of the locations as you would like, they will all be available to drop in at between 1pm and 4pm.
Please come dressed for the weather and with suitable footwear if planning on rockpooling. Shorelines can be slippery, care should be taken and children supervised at all times.
This is a FREE event. All under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.